All jacked up
Wow. I haven't blogged in a LONG TIME. That's... not good! I will now attempt to remedy that. So! Things that have happened...
All jacked up
Don't believe I've ever had this much
One thing I've learned when you get tore up
Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up
I got sick... or rather realized I was sick right after I blogged the last time. The flu decided to plow through our whooole family and make us miserable for almost two weeks. I got over it and back to work on Wednesday (still had sinus headaches and stuff). Had a not-too-interesting rest of the week... I don't think... I don't remember. ;-P
I spent the night at Paige's on Wednesday, and then Thursday I go to work, walk into my classroom and I'm immediately plunged into complete and total havoc. It was Spring Break week in Tomball, so my kids had been at daycare all day every day for four days... and the teacher they had in there Thursday before my shift had basically let them rain destruction upon the classroom and go wild. The room was a wreck, the closet door was locked from the inside with no key to open it, the bleach had disappeared, the snack was half-eaten already, and the computer was dead. Worse, the director, Ms. Pat, and her assistant, Ms. Alice, were in the room helping clean up. I basically got blamed for the WHOLE ordeal - because I didn't use the curriculum to assign activities for the days. What. The. Heck. First of all, I'm the AFTERNOON teacher. My shift is 3 to 6. I have nothing to do with the mornings, at all - the curriculum is in the closet, let the morning teacher figure it out! For the rest of that day, I was also basically not allowed to send the TERRORS in my classroom to the office when they cussed out the other kids, threw chairs around the room and ripped work papers apart. I can't keep the classroom under control when I have two or three horrible little kids ruining everything I try to do with the eight good kids. And I've been told that no other teacher has been able to do any better than me, either - so if the director has a problem with how that class is behaving, she needs to kick the trouble makers out. Or figure out a different discipline system - because timeouts don't work when the child refuses to sit down, and that's about the only thing we're legally allowed to do.
So, um, I got very frustrated. I came home crying and screaming four days in a row. And then I quit. O:-) Daycare just does noooot fit my personality, at ALL... and now I get to go through the delightful process of finding a job. Again. :-P
This last weekend, we went to see She's The Man with the youth group (it was... eh... pretty good, for a teen movie) on Friday night, and then Saturday we had a golf tournament as a fundraiser for The Feast. I haven't heard the official total yet, but from all indications, we made out like bandits and have almost the whole trip paid for. Yay! I ended up staying in Conroe afterwards with Cecily (our youth group president, she's awesome) - we went with Jason, Mark and Ashley from St. Mark to pick up some pizza and watch Saw II at the church. I ended up thinking the movie wasn't so bad. ;-) Sunday evening we did Compline as a sort of choral service thing... which was gorgeous. Lots of choir activity, but it was worth it.
This week isn't much... Friday my Na Na and aunt are coming over, Saturday I'm probably going out with a bunch of people in Conroe and Sunday is church and a youth meeting. NEXT weekend, the youth group is cleaning the church in the morning and playing softball with three other area churches in the evening, and then Sunday is Palm Sunday and the installation of our new associate pastor, Pastor Charles Mallie! :-D Which we're all VERY VERY excited about!! *bounces around*
That's about it, amazingly enough. OH. If you're a college student and you live in or around Texas (like, New Mexico, Louisiana, Oklahoma or Arkansas), then YOU MUST COME to the Lutherans in God's Word/Christ on Campus retreat in June!! Go here and download the PDF file and register. Now. Because I said so. ;-)
And THAT'S it. Y'all have a good one!