International Harvester

I’m a son of a 3rd generation farmer
I’ve been married 10 years to a farmer’s daughter
I got 2 boys in the county 4-H
I’m a lifetime sponsor of the F.F.A.
Hay! That’s what I make
I make a lotta hay for a little pay
But I’m proud to say
I’m a God fearin’ hard workin’ combine driver
Hoggin’ up the road on my a p-p-p-plower
Chug a lug a lugin’ 5 miles an hour
On my International Harvester
Jason and I heard this song on the radio on the way up to Arlington - we decided to take Highway 75 instead of Interstate 45 this go-around, which is such a pleasant drive as compared to messy icky 45. (45 was built basically to replace 75, which is windy, slow and old.) So this song definitely applied - we passed several tractors on the way. Read the lyrics and see if you can find a clip or video or something - it made us laugh out loud when we heard it.

So has anyone else ever been involved in an accident with a client of Allstate insurance? Because so far, they suck. It's been almost two weeks and we can't seem to get anything done. Even after finally figuring out which company the woman who hit us was insured by, and getting through to someone who had some information for me, I was told that nothing could be done at the moment because they hadn't accepted liability for the accident yet. "The claims adjuster has to get everyone's statement." No one has called us for a statement. "He also needs the police report." I have a physical copy sitting in front of me, and have had it since three days after the accident. "You can take your truck to one of our approved shops," (thank God our Chevy dealer is on their list) "but we can't get started on it until the adjuster has seen it." We shouldn't actually drive the truck, but we can't get a tow truck - much less a MUCH-needed rental vehicle - until they "accept liability for the accident". So today, while I'm sitting in a hotel room and Jason's off at training, I'm going to call the adjuster and figure out just what the heck is going on. It's not like there was any question who was at fault - the woman admitted it outright and the cop verified it.

A side note from this one-of-many experiences in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area - Dallas drivers beat Chicago's hands-down. They are insane.

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    That's typically what all insurance companies want to do, get a statement from their insured. This does seem like this is taking a long time. If he is still needing a police report, get a fax number and fax him your police report. Ask for the guys supervisor. This is taking too long to complete this but this is typical for Allstate. They would prefer that you go in under your own carrier and they can deal with it later.
    Lynea said...
    I can understand the statement stuff, but they've had both Jason and I's phone numbers since the accident and haven't bothered to call - apparently Jason's was the last statement they needed.

    State Farm is great, but they don't wanna get involved (other than sending out an adjuster to see what their estimate of the damage would be), since Allstate seems to be stalling on paying anybody.
    Aaron.D.Nemoyer said...
    1.) I love that song too (and as always, love how you open each post with country lyrics). :D

    2.) I'm sorry to hear you had an accident and were being given continuing inconvenience over it.

    3.) I don't think we of CHicago claim to have insane drivers. We just have tons of traffic trouble and high impolite driver concentration.

    pax,
    --Aaron, sporadic blog reader

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home