Here For the Party

Well I'm an eight ball shooting double fisted drinking son of a gun
I wear my jeans a little tight just to watch the little boys come undone
I'm here for the beer and the ball busting band
Gonna get a little crazy just because I can

You know I'm here for the party
And I ain't leavin 'til they throw me out
Gonna have a little fun gonna get me some
You know I'm here, I'm here for the party

My poor baby Laddie got attacked by a German Shepherd last week. :-( The stupid thing grabbed Laddie by the back and threw him over on the ground before our neighbor got ahold of her dog. We didn't find the wound until Monday (his fur's so thick I didn't notice until I was petting his lower back), and we took him to the vet on Thursday when it started looking REALLY bad, even after I cleaned it really well, shaved it and everything on Monday.

So the vet said that the bite was a lot deeper than they thought at first. They put Laddie under, flushed the whole wound out really well and then sewed two tubes into his back to drain out the puss. So he's locked in the laundry room, and every so often I have to go and clean his fur and whatever he's been leaning against where the blood's been draining off. On Tuesday I guess they'll take out the tubes and sew him back up, and he'll be on an antibiotic for 10 days... poor T-butt...

+ + +

I'm SO EXCITED about the rodeo. :-D *dances around* I got myself a cowboy hat yesterday, so now I'm all set. It's gonna be so much fun. I just LOVE rodeos. :-D Too bad I'm the only one in my family who does... I don't get to go as much as I'd like. I mean, seriously, I'd go two or three times every time it's open if I could! (The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is open for about 3 weeks every year in the beginning of March).


+ + +

Other than that stuff... not much has been going on. I recently got obsessed with genealogy, which made my mom re-obsessed with it, so we've been down to the Clayton Genealogical Library twice this past week researching mom's grandparents' side of the family. We've gotten a few things we didn't know before, and thanks to mom's fourth cousin once removed (my fifth cousin) we found more out about my great-great-grandfather's cousin. Well, we think they're cousins. But it makes perfect sense. Anyway, that's all very confusing so I'll spare y'all. ;-)

+ + +

Mr. Armstrong recruited me to accompany the choir in one piece on Palm Sunday, so now I'll be uber busy on Holy Week! But accompanying the choir and playing handbells is fun, and I love it. :-D Music and church... you can't get much better than that!

+ + +

The past two Wednesdays at the Lenten services there's been this YOUNG couple sitting in front of us. She's probably 20... maybe 21... and he's somewhere around there, maybe 22. Mom and Bekah keep commenting on how terribly young they are, and last Wednesday we noticed they're wearing wedding rings. Bekah was shocked, and mom was surprised. I don't think they realize that'll be me and Tim in a couple years. ;-) They're a really cute couple, too. I haven't seen them on Sundays, but that doesn't mean anything... from our regular pew in the balcony we can't see all of the downstairs pews. Ahh, the joys of terribly observant family members. ;-)

That's about it! PANTS, y'all! :-D

6 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    ::pokes Lynea::

    You need to post more. ;-)
    Anonymous said...
    What's the first name of the Mr. Armstrong that you mentioned?

    Agent Delta
    Anonymous said...
    Hey, what about a certain younger than that couple that just got married? >coughs< ;oP
    Anna Schmunk said...
    We should go on a spamfest here...she doesn't read it, so *evil laugh* why not?
    Lynea said...
    I dunno if you'll check this again, Kennedy, but his first name is Jeff. :-) His wife's name is Debbie and they have... uh... 5 or 6 kids. ;-)
    Anonymous said...
    OK, thanks. There is a Mr. Armstrong up here who used to teach guitar, so I was kinda curious.

    Agent Delta

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home