You know you got a job and a little bitty check
Six pack of beer and a television set
Little bitty world goes around and around
Little bit of silence and a little bit of sound
A good ol' boy and a pretty little girl
Start all over in a little bitty world
A little bitty plan and a little bitty dream
It's all part of a little bitty scheme
It's alright to be little bitty
A little hometown or a big old city
Might as well share, might as well smile
Life goes on for a little bitty while
Almost everything's unpacked, the pantry and fridge are full, and the gorgeous German cuckoo clock is hung in the kitchen. We're on our second week of marriage and it still hasn't settled in. I keep thinking he's gonna have to take me back to my parents' house any day now, and he keeps thinking he's on vacation. I guess that's what happens when you move out of houses you've been in for 10+ years...
In the past week and a half since our wonderful wedding (pictures will be coming soon - there's a few floating around on Facebook for the curious), I've been returning duplicates to Target and Macy's and using the boocoodles of gift cards to finish setting up our apartment. (Leave a comment if you want our address!) I'm still feeling so incredibly blessed on the generosity of all of our friends and family... we haven't wanted for anything thus far.
The highlight of last week was getting our washer and dryer - I didn't feel quite like a wife until I got to wash my husband's clothes for him. Jason's dad told us that a local appliance store was having a scratch-and-dent sale on washers and dryers, so we went to have a look and found exactly what we were looking for, $200 cheaper than we had expected to pay. I was and still am extremely excited about the whole thing!
Now I'm applying for jobs... so far the two bookstores I've applied at aren't hiring until the end of the summer, but both said they would definitely keep my resume for the fall... I'll need something before then, but I suppose if I don't find anything I'll call those places back. Tomorrow I'm going over to Hastings and the Christian bookstore here in town.
I'm getting impatient for the marriage license to get here - I have to have that to get my driver's license changed, and everything else requires an updated license. I can't wait to be able to sign as Lynea Sander!
Time to go cuddle with my hubby, eat some chocolate and watch a movie... :-)
(I cheated and signed checks Rachel Stemm before I got the license... nobody questioned me at all!)
--Aaron