Better Than Me

I really miss your hair in my face
And the way your innocence tastes
And I think you should know this
You deserve much better than me
No particular reason why I picked this song, other than the fact that I absolutely adore it. I think I might need to borrow Hanna's Hinder CD...

Last week on Wednesday we found out that Jason's grandma (mom's side) had passed away... it wasn't sudden, she'd been in the hospital for about two months now, and had several different surgeries, plus the possibility of colon cancer. It's been hard on Jason's mom, but so far everyone's held up okay.

Friday I went to my parents' house to pick up some late-comer gifts, go out for lunch, and hang out for a little while - that was fun! I got to see my poor Laddie, and my mom and sisters had, of course, already started painting. My blue cloud room is no more; pale purple has triumphed (with the help of two layers of Killz, or so I'm told). They'd also painted Hanna's old room/Zach's room/study - a taupe-ish color to match the rest of the house, instead of the pink that it was formerly. I also stopped by "my" old bookstore to say hi - I really miss them! I wish I could just make the drive down there for work everyday, but I know I'd lose my sanity with the traffic...

Saturday Jason and I went to breakfast with his parents, niece and nephew, and then got ready and headed out to the lake for Chris' (one of the groomsmen; the one that walked with Bekah for those of you who were there) birthday party. His parents have a house on the lake, as well as a pool, two jetskis, a boat and a hot tub - so we got lots of sun! Jason and I went out on the little jetski as soon as we got there and let some other friends ride the big one (the little one is older, much more tempermental and flip-prone). That proved to be interesting. It tumped over twice, and both times I somehow managed to cut my ankle pretty good. Icky lake water + cuts = ouch. (Don't worry mom, I cleaned it really well and it's doing just fine now.) We got in the pool for a little while, and then went back out on the big jetski. Much better that time! We had a ton of fun on that thing, not to mention swimming and the hot tub. Later in the evening, Chris' dad took the boat out for us, and we all went for a cruise around the lake. It's so gorgeous out there in the evenings! Next time, I'm gonna get a water proof disposable camera so I can show y'all pictures. We got home around midnight, showered, and slept like babies.

Sunday, we got up early, made breakfast for Bob (Jason's dad), Bobby (his brother), Bryce and Briley (his nephew and niece), and then headed up to Groesbeck for Grandma Little's funeral. It's about a two-hour drive, and we made it crammed in Bobby's truck. Bobby, me and Jason in the front; Bryce, Briley and Bob in the back. That was interesting. We got to see lots of family, including Jason's awesome cousins, and then we headed back home around 6.

So, all in all, it was an extremely exhausting weekend, but it ended up being very fun. Plus, I feel much better now that I've slept in 'till 11. Today has thus been designated laundry and cleaning day...

... and waiting for UPS so I can pounce on my Potter book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home