Oh, love, how deep, how broad, how high,As soon as I walked in the door at Ridgecrest, I was begged by Stan and Padre to write a series of articles summing up For You in Asheville for myHT. So, if anyone wants to know how the trip went, check out those articles here.
Beyond all thought and fantasy,
That God, the son of God, should take
Our mortal form for mortal’s sake!
He sent no angel to our race,
Of higher or of lower place,
But wore the robe of human frame,
And to this world himself he came.
For us baptized, for us he bore
His holy fast and hungered sore;
For us temptation sharp he knew;
For us the tempter over threw.
We got back home to Conroe at about 11:30 Saturday morning. Jason and I went home, showered, and collapsed into bed. We woke up at 8, went out for dinner, came back home and crashed again while watching Ocean's 11. Ah, sleep...
Sometime on Monday I started developing an annoying cough, which has now turned into a full-fledged vocal-chord-swelling allergy assault on my throat. Half a bottle of Sambucol, half a box of throat comfort tea and gallons upon gallons of water later, stuff's finally getting better. Slowly. But I'm not complaining.
Tuesday I went up to the DMV - which, I discovered, is the only one in Montgomery County and thus crowded - and got my name changed on my driver's license. Woohoo! Next up, my social security card. I'm told it's not near as crowded, and I hope not... I don't wanna cough and hack my way through another 2-hour line.
Today I'm working on laundry, and I think I'm gonna go lay down, watch Breakfast at Tiffany's, and rest for a little while. This throat thing's making me feel rather bleh.
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)