When I look in her eyesJason and I have been experimenting with bunny ears for the TV lately. I think we've tried at least four different ones, and we're on the fifth now. It gets okay reception for CBS, ABC and the CW, but we're still trying to figure out FOX. The only channel that comes in crystal clear is The Tube - so I've been watching a lot of Magnum PI, Hawaii Five-O, Charlie's Angels, and all those old eighties shows. I'm so glad I was born towards the end of that decade... oh, the hair...
It ain't no surprise
Sparks start a flyin' like the 4th of July
She gets me so hot, my heart starts a-pumpin'
When we get to kissin', there ain't no stoppin'
When it comes to love
She ain't no slacker
My little darlin' is a firecracker
I applied at a bunch more places last Friday and Monday... only Barnes & Noble has called me for an interview so far, but when they asked about weekends I said no, so they said no. I'm gonna wait 'till the end of this week for more calls, and if they don't come, next week I'll start going around to more of the doctors' offices by the hospital for a receptionist position, or something like that.
One of the ladies at church convinced me (somehow, I still haven't figured it out) to meet her up at church before Bible study this evening to let her show me the basics on the organ. I've never been inclined to try it - the piano is, after all, my one true love - but they're desperate for organists at church, so methinks they're trying to draft whoever they can. I, howevah, have had my fill of playing for church, so I shall not bend!... at least, not anytime soon. Meh.
Today I'm cleaning, and then I've gotta head over to Target and pick up a couple things before tomorrow... if Tropical Storm Erin decides to pay us a visit this weekend, I don't wanna have to go out in the pouring rain.
Why does my thank-you-note pile seem like a bottomless pit...
1 Comment:
-
- Anonymous said...
3:24 PM, August 15, 2007Glad to hear about Organ. You'll be Great at it! It's LOTS of FUN!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)