I probably wouldn't be this wayOkay, lots of things to blog about...
I probably wouldn't hurt so bad
I never pictured every minute without you in it
Oh, you left so fast
Sometimes I see you standing there
Sometimes it's like I'm losing touch
Sometimes I feel that I'm so lucky to have had the chance to love this much
God gave me a moment's grace
'Cause if I'd never seen your face
I probably wouldn't be this way
Jason and I's niece and nephew (his brother's kids), Bryce and Briley, are moving to Midland - eight hours away - with their mom. It's a huge long story about why and the circumstances, but basically, it sucks and nobody's happy. Except, apparently, their mom. So... we said goodbye to them today since they're leaving tomorrow... it's gonna be really hard on Jason's parents, since the kids have been basically living with them for several years... but at the same time it'll be good, since they'll get a "break".
I've been missing my puppy, so since we can't afford the pet deposit here yet, we decided to get a hamster. He's a black Syrian, which is apparently the most docile of the Syrians. Jason finds that really odd, but hey, that's hamster breeding I s'pose. His name is Radar, and he's the most interesting hamster I've ever had (my sisters and I have had five between us). He cleans himself constantly - literally every couple minutes no matter what he's doing, unless he's exercising in his wheel. Jason still hasn't quite gotten used to the fact that hamsters are nocturnal - he keeps wanting to put him in his ball to roll around on the floor in the evening. So we've been staying up 'till midnight playing with the little stinker-butt.
So... this past week... within three days I'd called, been called, interviewed and got a job! YAY!
Okay, to backtrack a little - I was offered a part-time job with Higher Things as conference assistant (doing gruntwork for conferences to let the big-wigs... well... big-wig it), but we needed a little more money than they offered, so I took that job and I've been hunting for another part-time job in the mornings (HT will be done in the afternoon). So, I applied at a bunch of places, and finally got some results. I'll be working at Accents - a home decor/gift store/Hallmark-type-place-except-bigger (and they sell Hallmark products). It's less than five minutes from the apartment, literally just down the road. The people that work there that I've met so far seem really nice, and it looks to be a lot like the bookstore, work-wise. My hours are 10 to 2, Monday through Friday - exactly what I wanted! My starting pay is also more than we expected, so it's just pretty much awesome. I'm working Monday and Tuesday of this coming week, and then officially-ish starting Tuesday after Labor Day. My HT job starts September 1st - so now maybe we can afford cable internet!
1 Comment:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don't stay up too long playing with Radar! LOL!
MOM