Sick and tired of being sick and tiredI am once again looking for a second part-time job. Bleck.
Everything around you's growin' old
The days drag on, the nights last forever
Every day's tougher just to keep it together
Forget everything you've ever known
Except for home
The awesome retail job isn't so awesome. The boss-woman turned out to be something along the lines of Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada. Bad. Very Bad. Apparently, I wasn't good enough - or maybe I was just too darn smart for her - but as soon as the woman calls me back, I will have officially quit.
She called two Sundays ago to let me know that I didn't need to come in until she called me, which probably wouldn't be until Thursday or Friday - and she never called. So I called her today (she didn't answer, which is typical) and asked her to call me back. I intend to tell her to stick it and send me my paycheck. (Actually, it'll be more like something about how unprofessional and rude she was - how she can have run that store for 30 years like that is beyond me.)
Last week on Sunday night I got niiiice and sick. The jury's still out on what it was - stomach flu or food poisoning - but it was bad. I laid around for two days, and then my body decided to get a sinus infection. I battled with that for two days, and I'm still feeling stuffy, but I've returned to normal eating and sleeping patterns, at least.
This past Sunday, Jason and I drove down to Tomball after church for baby Mallie's baptism! His name, if you haven't heard, is Dante Matteo, and he is ADORABLE. I'm ever so happy for them!
Today I drove down to the bookstore for Carrie's birthday party - it was so awesome to see everybody. I really miss working there... it was the best job I could've asked for. Carrie and I are gonna try to meet for lunch one of these Mondays (her day off)... she lives closer to 45 now, so half-way isn't too far for either of us.
Jason and I's wedding pictures are finally here!! The photographer posted them online, so if any of y'all want to see them, leave a message and I'll email you the link.
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)