Oh now there's a place for you and meSomehow Jason's laptop managed to get a NASTY nasty virus. One of the pop-up ads ones that throws ads up all over the place while you're online. Now, I've got Ad-Aware, AVG, ZoneAlarm and Spybot all installed on both computers, and they've all served me well for several years. They've cut through any virus we've had, including one that Norton didn't get.
Where we can dream as big as the sky
I know it's hard to see it now
But baby someday we're gonna fly
This road we're on, you know it might be long
But my faith is strong
It's all that really matters
But, somehow, this one went undetected even though I updated and scanned with all of my programs. I tried to look it up online and remove it myself, but apparently there's several manifestations of this particular virus, and none of the 50+ files and registry keys the websites told me to look for were on the computer. I finally found several forums that referenced a free anti-virus software that WOULD detect and get rid of this specific virus, so after 3 hours and a tearful temper tantrum I FINALLY got rid of the dang thing. It's running fine now. Thank the Lord.
Newsletter Week (cue screams of terror) at church is turning out to be not-so-bad this month (knock on wood). I actually received ALL of the articles BEFORE Monday (the deadline is Sunday), which is incredibly unusual. I nearly finished formatting it today and tomorrow I'll polish it off and print it. Instead of the usual last-minute articles coming in Tuesday afternoon right before I print and me having to work way past 3 to get it all done before the ladies come to put it together early Wednesday morning.
Pastor Borghardt's gone to Symposia for the week, and of course as soon as he leaves I have a theological question. I know there's a few pastors that read this, so would someone enlighten me as to the Lutheran interpretation of Malachi 3:10? My hubby's non-denominational intern was using this verse as a law to say why WE MUST TITHE. And so hubby asked me what I thought of it, and I, in my virus-addled state, didn't have an answer.
Even with all the issues this evening, I did manage to whip up a beautiful and yummy batch of oatmeal cookies with my SHINY NEW MIXER (no, it will never get old!). Oh, the wonderful spiced fluffiness...
Tags: computers
1 Comment:
-
- Anonymous said...
3:16 PM, January 20, 2009Glad your newsletter week has been a good one, and that you got rid of that NASTY virus! :-) Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)