Starin' down the stars
Musical flavor of the moment: Nickel Creek, Randy Rogers Band and Cross Canadian Ragweed. You just gotta love artists that haven't gone Nashvilleized and yet are *incredibly* wonderful... thank yous go to Paige and Landon for addicting me. ;-)
Jealous of the moon
You wish you could fly
Just stayin' where you are
There's nothin' you can do
If you're too scared to try
Had a whirlwind Holy Week, which was perfect, 'cause it didn't give me time to overanalyze anything. :-P Friday from 8:30 to 3:30 me, Bekah, Landon, Paige and Jonathan painted the overhang on the parish hall, which turned out to be SO much fun. :-D I love painting, and having friends around makes it that much better. Pr. Mallie was there and didn't have anything to do, so he came out and chatted with us for awhile, too. Can I say, again, that he is AWESOME?! lol. He's an absolutely perfect match for what our church needs right now.
Easter was wonderful, as always! Pr. Mallie preached his first sermon with us in the late service, and after church we headed up to Lufkin and spent the rest of the day with Uncle Tom, Aunt Gina and the boys.
Today I haven't done much other than pick up yet another job application at a coffee shop on 1960 and listen to Nickel Creek's latest CD almost three times through.
Landon made an interesting observation on Sunday morning. Bekah and I both had on dresses, and he had apparently been talking to Bekah about these type of dresses on Friday. So he comes up, points to what we're wearing, and says something to the effect of "Now, see, THESE are the type of dresses guys like to see on girls in church. Not shorts, jeans, pant suits, or whatever - but DRESSES. Girls wear pants too much to church and not enough dresses." Now, before someone jumps all over me, I DO realize that dressing up for church isn't about impressing guys. ;-P This apparently isn't just about church, either; it's any sort of formal function. Now, moving on. So, if this is the case, why don't more girls wear dresses? And, not just dresses, but modest, attractive dresses? They dress either like sluts or feminists, and then wonder why they can't get a decent guy. And have I mentioned how hard they make it on the rest of us to find decent clothes, church clothes in particular? Nobody sells the good stuff because the slutty and mannish stuff is what sells. I don't get it... I guess I'll just have to chalk it up to feminisim, even though that's probably too broad of a generalization, and continue keeping my eyes peeled for the few-and-far-between good church outfits that I rarely find.
Okay, enough rambling for one blog post! Happy Easter everybody! :-D
I can't be girly everyday either... too much work for me. ;-) I will forever cling to my jeans (or shorts) and t-shirts!
My thoughts are kinda on the lines of: you wouldn't go meet the queen of England in jeans and t-shirt...
Impcomplete thoughts.... oh well...
but for everyday I live in jeans.
There is a nice benefit to wearing a skirt, though. It makes Matt go all goofy... :-D
On your right bar of your blog, grammatically speaking, "Anna and I" is incorrect - it should be "Anna and me."
;-P