We'll do it allIt is SO COLD. For Texas, anyway - but I mean it! It's COLD! So cold they cancelled school and stuff. For some districts. And Sam Houston, so Jason doesn't have to drive up icy roads to school tomorrow. Yucky yucky cold... I want summer! Cowering under piles of blankets isn't my cup of tea. Although I do love my blankets... and my tea.
Everything
On our own
We don't need
Anything
Or anyone
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see
I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
I think it's so funny how the weather people are calling this "the Blitz". It's a freakin winter storm, people, not a "blitz"! I mean, y'all northern people are used to this sort of thing. Just 'cause it's been unusually warm this year doesn't warrant the term "blitz" for the first winter storm that happens to howl it's way across the country. But since when do weather people make sense?
The store's been dead lately. Is anybody else in retail having this problem? I mean, I know it's after Christmas and all, but basically... ever since October sales have been down, as compared to previous years. And supposedly it's not just our store, although I suppose it might just be the Houston area. We've basically been doing less than a fourth of the normal sales. It was so dead today that I was writing my Christmas thank-you notes. And I hate writing thank-you notes, so it was definitely boring. I left at 4:30 (instead of the usual 5) after Jason called to tell me that the icy stuff was heading my way. I love my boy, he takes care of me. :-)
Piano lessons today went good. I had Sarah, the 7 y/o with enthusiasm and talent. She had actually practiced for once, so she was absolutely amazing. She had the piece memorized - the music and the words. She even nailed the glissando better than both her brothers had when they were on that lesson. I love that kid; when she puts her mind to it, she's great!
I miss Jason's body heat...
2 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And boy body heat is the best, isn't it? :-D
It's comforting (I think... ;-)) to hear that it's not just our local retail that's down. Let's blame Bush! ;-)