I've been looking for so long to find this place I seeSo this is what it feels like to burn the candle at both ends...
And I've just got to believe it's more than a dream
Seems it's time I should move on
But I hope you come with me
'till we find eternity
I'm not even going to try to sum up the past three-ish weeks since I blogged, but this past weekend should give y'all a good idea of how it's been lately.
Friday:
Work 'till 5, then I headed home to pack for a weekend in Conroe and throw some more stuff in boxes for the move. Then Hanna, Bekah, mom and I go up to Tomball to meet Jason and Dad for a lockin and a For You meeting. Jason and I left about 11:30 (a VERY good thing, in hindsight - I'm glad we didn't stay for Compline, as much as I love church) and went to Conroe.
Saturday:
I was pulled out of bed at 8 to go to breakfast, and then we ran a couple quick errands before my second wedding shower, this time at St. Mark. Those ladies are so very nice! We got everything from the Target registry, and all of the towels we registered for at Macy's. I am... just... stunned at how wonderful everyone's been. Bekah thinks it's because people recognize that we're not just another couple that's gonna get a divorce in a few years, or getting married because I'm pregnant, or any of the other crappy reasons. I just feel so blessed...
So after the shower, we went back to Jason's and changed real quick, then went back up to church for a BBQ dinner-fundraiser for the St. Mark youth group. We rented a movie after that (mistake!) and didn't get to bed until 11:30 or 12.
Sunday:
Got up early for breakfast before church, then church, lunch, a few more errands and then back to Tomball for a 50's dinner theater-fundraiser for Zion's youth group. Thank goodness I was told to take tickets, I wouldn't have survived on my feet serving dinner for an hour and a half. After that we ran even more errands (wedding prep sure is interesting) and went to my house, where we hung out until Jason left at 11.
Monday:
I woke up flushed and feverish to find my family gone to VBS and not a thermometer to be found. And nobody answering their cell phone. I got ready for work despite a pressure headache and other such fever-related things, and left. As I get to 1960 and Wunderlich, the intersection at which my store is at, and I'm in the left turn lane to turn onto Wunderlich, a wreck happens right in front of me. So I quickly haul my junk into work, open the store in record time, leave the new lady to run the store, and run back across the street to give the cops my information. I was the only person who stayed to witness, but it was pretty clear who's fault it was, so I guess it's not a big deal.
After an hour at work, I was pretty miserable, couldn't read the computer screen very well, and my stomach had started to act up. So Jan sent me home. I slept from 11:30 to 5, and now I feel muuuuch better, even if a little weak.
The good news is, I only have my books and necessities left to pack. AND - we're moving most of our stuff into the apartment Saturday!!
Oh, and Big & Rich rock my socks off.
1 Comment:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm also glad to hear that you are enjoying the new Big and Rich record. But do keep your socks on until after the wedding. And bear in mind that I'll be waiting for a more proper sort of Big and Rich "review" when you're not already burning the candle at both ends. I'm surprised that you didn't quote from Lost in This Moment (but, hey, it's your blog).
I like Between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace, too; and it has grown on me, the more I listen to it, just as I suspected that it would. But I still don't think it even comes close to topping Horse of a Different Color. That first B&R record was inspired (in a non-theological sense, of course).
Looking forward to seeing you at the end of next week, and rejoicing with you in your nuptials. We'll continue to keep you and Jason in our prayers.