Hoist the Colours

The king and his men
Stole the queen from her bed
And bound her in her bones
The seas be ours
And by the powers
Where we will we'll roam

Yo, ho, haul together
Hoist the colours high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars
Never shall we die
Nothing compares to the pure classic-ness of the first Pirates movie. But dadgum. At World's End was downright awesome. I think I got chills about three different times, not to mention the final battle... and while the ending left something to be desired (if you haven't seen it, make SURE you stay 'till the end of the credits!), it still rounds out the trilogy nicely... plus, it was nice to have Barbossa back. And that song... oooh man I'll be singin' that song for a couple weeks.

As for Lost, I would just like to say that I DESPISE J. J. Abrams. And adore him at the same time. We had quite a few good laughs at Jack's Moses/hippie look...

Okay, enough entertainment news. Jason and I found an apartment! It's just a couple years old, in a good part of town, close to everything (how can you not be in a small town such as Conroe) and well within our budget. Two bedrooms and two bathrooms, too! Now maybe I can get myself to pack.

My first wedding shower was fun! Two of my 2nd cousins and one 3rd cousin were the ones that put it on, and they did a really good job. I got to dress up for something other than church and sit around and look pretty... and open presents. I'm still having trouble getting it through my head that this is all for me. It's kinda blowing my mind. That and the fact that it's only a little over a month away...

Does anybody have any book suggestions? I need something new to read but I can't decide what. I have no book money, so it needs to be something I can get from the library (which isn't typically a problem, since it's the massive Harris County library). I'm almost done with the 5th book in the Series of Unfortunate Events, and now I'm so depressed I need to take a break from it. ;-) I think I'm gonna re-read Mila 18, but then I'm open for suggestions. Nothing too heavy or classic-like (I have Vanity Fair on my list, but I'm just not quite in the mood), but other than that, anything goes.

Time to start this whitestrip business that my mom and sister are prodding me to do...

2 Comments:

  1. Bethany said...
    If you haven't read any of Anne Perry's mystery novels, I highly recommend those. I'm working my way through them right now- they're good summer reading.
    If you're more in the mood for Sci-Fi/Fantasy, I like Connie Willis books (To Say Nothing of the Dog is one of the best ever.)
    Anonymous said...
    "Master and Margarita" by Mikhail Bulgakov. It is a classic and FULL of meaning and whatnot, but not heavy and VERY funny. I mean, seriously, a cat swining from a chandelier with a machine gun -- it doesn't get much better than that.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home