Oh look, there you go again
Puttin' on that smile again
Even though I know you've had a bad day
Doin' this, doin' that
Always puttin' yourself last
A whole lotta give and not enough take
But you can only be strong so long before you break
So
Fall
Go on and fall apart
Fall into these arms of mine
I'll catch you everytime you
Fall
Go on and lose it all
Every doubt, every fear
Every worry, every tear
I'm right here
Baby, fall
Forget about the world tonight
All that's wrong and all that's right
Lay your head on my shoulder, let it fade away
And if you wanna let go it's okay
That song is the most beautiful thing to grace country music lately. It's just... gorgeous. And oh-so-swoon worthy.
The first thing I saw when I walked into work this morning was a gigantic box of stuff from a store downtown that Jan gets junk from all the time. It was not a very exciting thing to see. I procrastinated as long as possible before diving in to it (which was less than an hour - there wasn't much else to do with Carrie and Charlotte there). It was, as expected, a bunch of junk - including a plaque for teachers (we never sell stuff for teachers, Carrie and I can't figure out why she buys it) that said "Teacher's care to the Core!". Yes, it actually had those typos. And yes, it was a pun on apples. If I was a teacher, I'd get real sick real fast of the apple jokes.
I was doing inventory before I left and I found a book on the non-fiction shelf that I hadn't noticed before - Brother Cadfael's Book of Days. Which is basically a year's worth of Brother Cadfael's wisdom taken from the Cadfael Chronicles series by Ellis Peters (which, if you like murder mysteries, are AWESOME). So, since I'd neglected to take my store discount off of $80 worth of icons I bought a couple weeks ago, I went ahead and took my discount on the $14.95 book ($1.50) and then discounted another $8 (the discount from the icons). I ended up paying somewhere around $5.90 for it - pretty shiny deal.
When I got home, I found my box from Barnes & Noble.com, which contained The Children of Hurin (I will NEVER be able to stop telling people how BEAUTIFUL that book is!!) and The Austere Academy. So I gained three books today! I can't wait to get into The Children of Hurin... I've gotta finish the Father Brown series (two more books to go in that), first.
To backtrack a little bit, on my way home from work, the drive which usually takes 20-25 minutes took me 50. And I was sick and tired of it when I was done, even with music therapy during the ordeal. I take the tollway feeder road (access road, service road, whatever y'all yankees call it) about 4ish miles as part of my drive, and just that much took 35 minutes. There was a major accident on the other side of the tollway - as in, people on the feeder couldn't even see it - and traffic was still backed up 4 miles. On the side with the accident, my neighbor came home and said it was backed up from the Galleria - which is a good 15 miles. That was probably my first major experience with really bad traffic with me driving (I've been in a heckuva lot worse more times than I can count with somebody else driving), and it was enough for me to say that I'm definitely not gonna drive from the bookstore to Conroe every day in rush hour traffic, if Jason ends up getting a job in Conroe. Bleck.
Tomorrow - er, well, in 15 minutes it'll be today - Jason and I are going to register at Macy's for our china and towels, and then hopefully to Target to register for everything else. I'm pretty excited - especially about my china. It took me forever to find a pattern I like, and this one it just perfect.
Jason's about done with the paper he's writing for school - we cannot wait for that to be over with (3 weeks!!) - and then we're gonna go watch TV. Y'all have a good weekend!
I will confess: I didn't register for china, because I know I'd just break it...
(and I figured if we needed china down the road, Matt will be a doctor, and the kids will be old enough to treat breakables with respect...)
The china is here. Or, if that doesn't work, look up Mikasa Isabella on Macy's website. I almost didn't register for any, but to me it's just too purdy not to. Of course, I'll probably end up with my mom's, Grandma's, and several sets from Jason's side someday, too, but oh well... hopefully I'll have lots of kids and grandkids to entertain. ;-)
I hadn't heard it before, and I downloaded because I loved the lyrics so much. You are right, totally swoon worthy! Thanks for the recommendation!