Sugarland

Sugarland, warm breeze blowing, long dirt road
First time that I saw him was such a long time ago
I was sixteen going on seventeen
Bluebonnet Texas queen fell in love with a rodeo king
Down in Sugarland
Several weeks ago, a lady called the store and asked if we had 2 of a specific remembrance albums for first communion, which she needed by April 26th, 'cause she was going out of town on the 27th. We didn't have it in stock, but it comes from a company we order from all the time, so I took down the information and put it on the order form. Jan assured me that she would be finishing the order soon, so I left it alone and went about my business.

A couple weeks later, the lady calls and asks about the books. I checked, and yes, they'd been ordered, but not until the 19th. That's barely enough time for them to get here by the day she needed them. I told her we'd call her when they came in, and hung up.

Fast forward to Thursday, the 26th. The lady calls again, and became rather irate when Carrie told her the books weren't here and probably wouldn't be until Monday. And I do mean irate. So we figured the best thing to do would be to call around to the other Catholic bookstores in Houston and see if anyone had two. I called five bookstores, going in order of distance from us (the closest being 30 - 45 minutes away) and finally found two at a store in Sugarland.

I grabbed a roll of quarters for toll money and a water bottle from the fridge, hopped in the car and headed down to Sugarland. The traffic, thank God, wasn't very bad at all for lunch hour, and I got right through the toll booths. $4 in tolls, 2 hours and 70 miles later, I had the two books back at the store, and the lady was coming to get them in a couple hours.

Customer service gives me a headache. But now I wanna live in Sugarland...

(By the way, the song Sugarland by the band Sugarland is about the town Sugarland, Texas - same place I went to. Also the home of Imperial Sugar.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home