Beneath the southern sky

And they'd dance to a Dixie lullaby
A picture of love beneath the southern sky
Oh my, what a beautiful life
Just like a Dixie lullaby
My mom got my wedding dress out of lay-away today, so I tried it on for my dad (and to make sure the shoes I got work). ... :-D It makes me so happy!!! I'm getting married... and I'm getting married to Jason, the most wonderful of boys. :-)

The photographer is booked, the caterer's reserved, the invitations are ordered, and now I've got my dress - things are starting to come together! 67 days...

In other news, Bekah and I went berry-picking Friday after I got home from work. There's a large wooded-ish area in front of our neighborhood where dewberries have always reigned supreme during the spring months. When we were younger my dad would take us out there to pick berries, which mom would promptly turn into a pie, so Bekah and I decided that we'd go out there and see what we could get. I've seen several people out there several different days on my way home from work, so we were worried there wouldn't be much left - but apparently their season's only just begun, because there was plenty, and a whole bunch more that weren't even ripe yet. I don't think it's been quite hot enough for them to really get going. So, we got a little over four cups, which is just enough for a nice dewberry pie - dad's absolute favorite. Even with the 'squitos and swampy-ness from having just rained, it was so much fun! A little bit of country in the city...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home