Six o'clock on Friday eveningWell, Nea went and done gone bought a truck. WOOHOO!!! :-D For three grand I got m'self a '94 Chevy Silverado extended cab with a V8 engine and "a six foot bed that never has to be made"! I'm SO excited. Bouncing off the walls, in fact. Pictures are posted on my facebook if you wanna see!
Momma doesn't know she's leaving
'Til she hears the screen door slamming
Rubber squealin', gears a-jamming
Local country station just a-blaring on the radio
Pick him up at seven and they're headin' to the rodeo
Momma's on the front porch screamin' out her warning
Girl you better get your red head
Back in bed before the morning
Ain't going down 'til the sun comes up
Ain't givin' in 'til they get enough
Going 'round the world in a pickup truck
Ain't goin' down 'til the sun comes up
So basically, a guy at church bought a new truck and wanted to get rid of this one. It's been really well taken care of, and its engine is basically exactly like the one in Jason's truck, so he knows how to take care of it. Which is good, since I know nothing. O:-) I found out about it on Sunday and called about it, and then Jason and I went to look at it and drive it around the block on Wednesday. My mom thought for sure I'd take one spin around the block and hate it, but I rather like sitting up high. And the engine rumbles. It's cool, dude. So I signed the check and the title and viola! I have a truck! (Except now I have to go to one of them pesky county annexes and pay taxes and all that lovely stuff...)
After a minor squabble with Kinko's over the invitations (sometimes I wonder if I know more about computers than the "professionals"), they're now sitting pretty on the school room table. Soon we shall be sending them off...
This weekend I'm heading up to Conroe for three whole days! I'm very much excited. I took off of work on Monday the 7th (not to mention the whole rest-of-the-week for my wisdom teeth surgery), seeing as it's Jason and I's one year anniversary, and since he's only got one final in the morning I'm gonna go up to Huntsville with him and wander around SHSU's campus so I can report back to Zach. Jason and I haven't had a nice three-day weekend in awhile... we're hoping to get a bunch of stuff done that we haven't been able to do.
One last thought before I hit the sack: this week's Lost episode really made me reconsider the purgatory theory. It sounded really plausible after all that mess... oy.
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)