Songs About Rain

"Rainy Night In Georgia"
and "Kentucky Rain"
"Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling Again",
"Blue Eyes Cryin" in the "Early Morning Rain"
They go on and on, and there's no two the same
Oh, it would be easy to blame all these
Songs about rain

Heh, that song was the first song that came to mind while thinking about the stupid rain. :-P
We played bells for the matins service of the teacher conference at church this morning... on our way home at about 9:30, it started pouring. Took us forever to get to our area, and when we did, half the streets were flooded. We weaved around, turned around and re-routed at least six different times in the Winchester Country, Willow Lake and Willow Pointe subdivisions (ours being the latter). I've never seen those streets like that before... most of the intersections were flooded up to the curbs and sometimes into people's yards, and since it's trash day there were trashcans and trash everywhere. On one street in Winchester while we were driving through a flooded intersection there was a pool of red water. It was nasty. The bayous are all over half-way full, and our backyard is half a foot deep in water in the low spots.

Basically, we've had rain for about a week. Then starting yesterday, it pours. And pours and pours. So the ground decides it doesn't want anymore water and it's flooding like crazy. Plus there was a tornado scare around 2:45 - the sky got rather green, we had pea-sized hail and the news had rotation markers right on top of our neighborhood, basically. I shut down the comps to be ready to haul the CPUs downstairs if need-be and sat in mom's room and watched the sky. No fun, I tell ya. And it's s'posed to do the same thing tomorrow...

+ + +

Yesterday during the sermon Justin R. got up and left his seat (right in front of us) and didn't come back. Nothing unusual, he tends to wander during church... it's a little weird but we don't pay attention. After Sunday School I come out to the car and find out that Justin up and disappeared. No one had seen him after he left during the sermon. Come to find out he's bi-polar and hadn't had his past three doses of meds, so his mom said he was really unstable and had threatened to run away the night before. Bekah, dad and I helped search the church, while some other elders searched the school. We didn't find him. Called the police and the whole nine yards, of course. So while we were at church this morning mom talked to the secretary and she said that Justin called home yesterday evening around 5 - he was at the Sam's at the intersection of I-45 and Rankin Road. That's 30 minutes from church on a good day, in a car. It was raining yesterday and he was on foot (unless he had money, in which case he could've taken the bus). It was just... really... scary... and weird...

+ + +

I gotta head off to teach piano in a few minutes, and then there's the chat tonight. :-D Tomorrow I have choir practice at church... I really, really hope the weather's fine, because I HAVE to go. I NEED to practice with the choir again before we do it in church on Wednesday evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home